Welcome to Aloita Resort
Aloita stands alone as the most refined and comfortable resort ever built in Indonesia’s Mentawai Islands. Everything you have heard regarding the world’s most desired surfing location is true. Now we can say the same for diving, fishing and a whole range of other marine activities.
Aloita is uniquely situated on a small private island called Simakakang, less than 10 minutes away from Tua Pajet, the capital of the Mentawais. We are well connected to the Sumatran mainland by regular ferry and flight services. However, because we are tucked away in our own little corner means the privacy and seclusion of our guests in this island paradise is secure.
There are several world class waves within a short speedboat ride of the resort, including the famous lefthander Telescopes. Aloita is also well positioned so guests can make surgical strikes to the waves in the Playground area to the north and Peninsula (Lance’s) area to the south. We also have a few secrets, including a couple waves you can paddle to right off the island.
Aloita is also the only true dive resort in the Mentawais, with all the necessary gear and qualified instructors for even a beginner to become a certified diver. Many of the best SCUBA and snorkeling areas in the Mentawais are right near our resort, including the spectacular reefs in and around Setan Island.
There are many other exciting activities around the resort, such as fishing, hiking, and cultural excursions. But if your goal is simply to relax, Aloita has you covered very well. Each bungalow is clean, new, and extremely well appointed, and each is just steps from over a mile of private, untouched, white sand beach. We have the only true spa facilities in the Mentawais, so our guests can get a massage or beauty treatment to wash their stresses away. Or you can just have a drink and watch the flat screen at our beautiful A Bar, which is perched just meters away from crystal clear water.
Aloita has something for everyone, from couples to large diving groups to the hardcore solo surfer. So come spend your next holiday with us, and let our friendly and hospitable staff show you why many people are now referring to Aloita as “THE Resort” in the Mentawais.
Our Special This Month!!
MAY LAST MINUTE OFFER :
175 USD FOR SURFERS
125 USD FOR NON-SURFERS
FREE ROOM IN HW HOTEL-PADANG (IN & OUT) FOR MINIMUM STAY OF 10 NIGHTS AT THE RESORT.
JUNE SPECIAL OFFER :
185 USD FOR SURFERS
135 USD FOR NON-SURFERS
1 FREE MASSAGE PER PERSON FOR A MINIMUM STAY OF 10 NIGHTS AT THE RESORT.
ALL RATES ARE PER PERSON, PER DAY IN FULL BOARD WITH 2 DAILY SURF SESSIONS (FOR SURFERS)
Specials Valid Always :
- One night free if you stay 10 nights or more (just from November to March)
- One night free if you stay 14 nights (just from April to October)
- 10% discount for Honeymooners + a romantic private dinner on the beach + 2 massages in our Spa (minimum stay 1 week).
- Discount 15% for group of minimum 10 people (minimum stay 1 week).
- Discount 20% for group from 18 to 26 people (minimum stay 1 week).
- Please note: Special offers cannot be combined. Feel free to contact us about this special and several others we have running at Aloita.
IMPORTANT NOTICE :
- Bookings from April to October are just from Sunday to Sunday by speed boat or from Monday to Monday with Ambu-Ambu ferry, minimum stay one week!
- Due to the unreliable flight company that fly to Mentawai we don’t accept anymore reservation for this mean of transportation starting from 25th October 2012.
- Aloita Resort and Spa will endeavor to fulfill guests travel requests as at time of booking. However, due to the unreliable nature and limited options for transport to and from Sumatra mainland, Aloita Resort and Spa will not be held responsible for delays or cancellation to transport services. Aloita Resort and Spa reserves the right to facilitate guests transport to and from the Mentawai Islands via alternative means when the guests chosen form of transport is cancelled, if there is a difference between the first chosen transport and the alternative transport guests should pay the difference.
- Boat trips to Playground or Lances are extras, please check our website on the section “rates” fro more information.
- Aloita Resort & Spa are not responsible for health problems arising from environmental factors during your stay. Travel Insurance is mandatory on all of our trips for your safety.
- Please check our website at the section “terms and conditions” for more information!
Feel free to contact us about this special and several others we have running at Aloita.
Click the Tripadvisor Image for Our Review
Follow us on Facebook "Aloita Resort & Spa"
Take a virtual tour of the Aloita Resort.
Here are just a few of
the happy customers that have visited us recently at Aloita:
"I wanted to say thanks for all of your help leading up to the holiday. We had some fantastic waves and a relaxing break which is just what I needed to recharge the batteries. Everyone at Aloita was very friendly, and I can comprehensively say that I’ve never before stayed amongst a group of people who are so surf-focused, which was perfect. I have a feeling that another trip will be on the cards in the next year or two. Thanks!"
Gavin Butler (Australia)
"Danny, I’d like to take the time to thank you for all your trouble and effort in booking us our honeymoon!!! It was awesome! Then I’d like to compliment all the staff there at Aloita...from Chris, being so accommodating, always asking how we are and how he can make our stay more comfortable, and organizing things to do for us. He is a really good guy to have there. To Marco, always leading us to the best diving sights. What a relaxed instructor, probably one of the best I’ve dived with! Normally I always have to worry about Lieze while we are diving because I trust no one, but with him in the water, it was so relaxing. I had the time to take great pictures. Then Young Dan, a really good surf guide. I did not go on all the day trips or even surfing every day, but the guys always came back stoked, and when I did go along, I did come back stoked myself, too!!! And the rest of the staff, the locals, need I say more? They from Indo, and they always have a smile on their dial!!!! Really good people!!!
I’m hoping to come to back to the Mentawais, and if I do, or no WHEN I do, I'm definately coming back to Aloita. And I spoke to Lieze, she would love to come back herself. Thanks again, chat to you soon."
Tony Aspelling (South Africa)
Dear Mario & Alex,
On behalf of out team we would like to thank you for a wonderful time staying at your resort. It was unforgettable and completely memorable.
All your staff were excellent and they serve us graciously. Please thank them for their warm hospitality and service.
We appreciate your graciousness and hospitality. Nothing was lacking. You have one of the most beautiful resorts in the world. Everything is superb. Next time
I will get personal diving lessons from you. We will certainly get our friends to stay at your resorts next year when they have all the flights ready. We shall
make Mentawai Islands world famous. We shall be ambassadors and promoters of Mentawai. We intend to promote a big pastors conference for Sumatra and
Indonesia. We will also get Singaporean and Malaysian pastors and business people to attend. This will publicise Mentawai.
The seafood is stupendous, lobsters Kepitin and Fish. Out of this world.
Thanks so much for looking after us.
Wee Tiong Howe
City Missions Church